To be submitted
- Two Papers (one on metabolite mortality indices and one on biological age indices) will be submitted before the end of 2017
- An additional paper on the association of Brainshake metabolites with android trunk fat (measured by DEXA) and the changes in an intervention study
The output for the professional and the general public
- Article written in PAN European Networks: Science & Technology, issue 22 published in April 2017; Title: Unravelling the oxidised lipid trap
- Article written in RESEARCHISTA, Issue (46) Research on Health: metabolism
Title: Metabolic syndrome: beyond simple fat accumulation
- Presented in 1st Translational Cardiovascular Research Meeting “Better Together: Cooperation with all our hearts’. 29-30 June, Utrecht, NL
- Lectures and working groups on the role of the microbiome in metabolic and cardiovascular disease are part of two half-minor programs for medical students in Leiden (Heart and Blood Vessels and From Patient DNA to Personalized Medicine) and of several courses for masters students in both Leiden and Wageningen.
- A lecture on the Gut microbiome as driver of diabetes and CVD is given at the yearly Papendal Course Vascular Biology of the Dutch Heart Foundation.
- Several contributions were made to written media on gut microbiota-related topics. A massive open online course (MOOC) on Nutrition and Health was launched in which the role of dietary fiber and the gut microbiota is extensively discussed.